Let’s パクリ/ripoff happy!!~
Of course, the cherry blossoms for the hanami season don’t come out until April.
Previous reports of cherries on the 3Yen include:
- ‘Terror Blossom’ monster attacks at Japan’s Cherry Blossom time! (news.3yen.com/2016-03-22)
- Big Cherry for sakura in Japan (news.3yen.com/2012-03-04/)
- TEPCO prepares for cherry blossom viewing (news.3yen.com/2014-04-01)
Important reminder that, being dead, Paul Newman does not personally approve the graphic design choices for his salad dressing bottles. @jesticide January 17, 2018
Actually, Ninja Newman really does approve the graphic design choices for his salad dressing bottles.
In case you were wondering what the big deal is, Newman’s “ninja” outfit and hachimaki/headband have Chinese dragons embroidered and his back-worn, dual katana/swords are all sorts of tacky. Basically, the label is an embarrassment at best and to many (but not me) cultural misappropriation.
THE 3YEN.com IS BACK, after:
- having its database corrupted/down for almost a year,
- losing the 3yen domain name, and
- living in low-rent exile at 3yenblog.wordpress.com/.
Today is December 7th…
Our previous REMBERances include:
- Pearl Harbor Day from the curent Japanese perspective (news.3yen.com/2016-12-07/pearl-harbor-day-from-the-curent-japanese-perspective)
- VJ Day August 14th 1945 (news.3yen.com/2012-08-14/vj-day-august-14th-1945)
Godzilla doesn’t have a real birthday, but the original film was released on November 3, 1954, so fans like to think of today, the third, as his 63rd birthday.
A few of our many previous stories about Goji-chan (the Japanese diminutive for “Godzilla darling”) include:
- Goji-chan is coming to town… ♫ (3Yen / 2014-12-05)
- NEW! Godzilla’s roar (3Yen / 2014-02-25/)
- “Last Godzilla” sham (3Yen / 2004-12-09)
Taken in 1949, the photo below shows a lively Yokohama street targeting US servicemen with an Atomic Bomb Variety Show and a Japan Surender [sic] Bar. This exhibits the signs of the start of an economic boom after the BIG BOOM in Hiroshima on August 6, 1945.