Usually, Japanese election campaign posters such as those for upcoming Tokyo gubernatorial contest are very boring Like these. ↓
Occasionally, you can see a weirdo like this
Vote for GOT OTER UKI poster.
Actually, GOT OTER UKI is just a strange romanization of Goto Teruki’s name on his “creative” 2013 campaign poster. (3yen.com | 2015-04-21)
His poster for this year’s Tokyo gubernatorial race is much more serious.↓
Goto Teruki’s 2015 campaign poster was even more right-wing crazy and nude…
(3yen.com | 2015-04-21)
The really crazy thing is that I support many of the ideas of his campaign platform (Google Translate)…
- Abort the 2020 Tokyo Olympics or make it ultra-low cost endeavor.
- Cancel the Tsukiji Fish Market relocation, and review.
- Stop the duplication and waste of Tokyo having two municipal subway systems, the Toei Subway and the Tokyo Metro, which double charge when crossing the two systems.
- Introduce a vehicle exhaust tax to spread the use of eco-cars.
- Rebuild Edo Castle the restore the castle tower.
- Legalize cannabis and revive the hemp industry.