The above is from the animated intro for the NHK program, “Flowers bloom in the Northeast.”
The program is tour of the Northeast of Japan with a “mysterious girl” that the public broadcaster, NHK, has aired as part of the reconstruction campaign for the Great Tohoku Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear Disaster of 2011 (Wiki).
You can view the entire animation at the official NHK website…
Click to play.
All the Cthulhus were nestled all snug in their tentacle beds / As visions of Japanese schoolgirls danced in the heads…
Winter is here, and as Cthulhumas fast approaches…
The 3Yen’s previous reports Tentacle Miracles of this Holy Season include:
Whoa! Japan’s “Battleship Island”–‘Gunkanjima’ (軍艦島) shot by a drone in 4K ultra HD video.
Previous reports of creepy Gunkanjima—Battleship Island’ on the 3Yen include:
Learn more details at the video’s official website:
Super typhoon Phanfone hits Tokyo!
Deadly Typhoon Phanfone Lashes Japan
On September 27th, Mount Ontake in northern Japan blew its top killing more than 30 people. To quote the masters*,†: “RUN AWAY!!”
Remember the Fukushima Meltdown of 2011 (Wiki)?
It has been more than three years since the disaster and Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant is still drip, drip, dripping…
Previous posts about the Fukushima Nuclear Meltdown
on the 3Yen include:
• TEPCO’s Valentine for Japan (3Yen / 2013-10-17)
• Cthulhu mascot for the radioactive coast (3Yen / 2013-10-17)
• Radioactive pigs over-run Fukushima! (3Yen / 2013-09-25)
• TEPCO admits the Fukushima nuclear leak is ’serious’
Here’s my nightmare commute on the Wangan Highway* in the Keihin District† of the Tokyo-Yokohama industrial megalopolis.
Previous/endless Japanese nightmares I have covered on the 3Yen include:
• Japan’s national tree–concrete utility pole (3Yen / 2011-01-14
• 10 Ugly Rivers of the World (3Yen / 2010-02-05)
• Japanese Junkspace (3Yen / 2008-06-29)
• Ill-Machine, Tokyo (3Yen / 2008-01-22) ↓
One of the Cute Cthulhu Cohort has appeared in Tokyo Bay!
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!!
A few of the many squidly stories previously reported here include:
• Man from Planet Squid-aru (3Yen / 2011-07-19)
• eatin’ l’il Cthulhu (3Yen / 2013-03-14)
• Masses of radioactive tentacles crawl onto the beach in Japan ↓ (3Yen / 2012-07-27)
TEPCO Workers Hold Training for 2014 Hanami Matsuri
pic.twitter.com/M93E0p1laT — Shogannai (@Shogannai)’s twitter